Sunday, March 29, 2015

Reading Slumps

In January of 2015, I was in a bit of a reading slump, and I just don't know why, I just didn't really feel like reading at all. And I mean, the book that I was currently reading was "Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout and well, I've tried to read another book that I have never read before. And that did not work for me, so, now, I'd suggest for those out there also in a slump that you might want to reread something that you know you love! You know what already happens, you know the ending and it's just basically one of your favorite books and could be any book in the world. And well, I've never reread a book because I was in a reading slump, only because I know that I don't want to force myself to read as is it. So, do not force yourself to read because it will feel like a chore. And if it feels like a chore, then you won't feel like doing it every day. So, I'd say take a break from books, watch book videos on YouTube or other videos on YouTube not related to books.
Watch a TV series or something that's not related to books at all. Reading slumps are always hard because you never know how long it's really going to last. So, I have given up on reading "Olive Kitteridge." And well, I think that it might have just been he book that I was reading, I've tried to read "Julie and Julia" by Julie Powell, but I guess that I just didn't feel like reading at the time but  I'm reading "Papertowns" by John Green. Which is going pretty well and I also recommend John Green's other book "The Fault in Our Stars." If you're looking for a romantic cry, I really recommend it! Anyways, back to the topic! Reading slumps suck, again, I'm going to have to say that you might as well, either find another book, or just reread a favorite book of yours!
Anyways, I'm going to end it here! If you've gotten this far, thank for reading this far! And I'll write you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment